Last Updated: March 10, 2022
1. Information We Collect About You. We may collect the following types of information about you which are described in more detail below: (A) information you provide to us, (B) information we may automatically collect, and (C) information we may receive from third parties. All of the information listed in (A)-(C) above, are detailed below, and hereinafter referred to as “Information.”
1.1. Information You Provide to Us:. In using our Website, you may provide us with Information, including, without limitation:
- Contact information such as name, email address, postal address, and telephone number(s);
- Account information and log in credentials, including unique identifiers such as username and password;
- Preferences for communications and products;
- Communications and opinions in surveys, polls, and online forms;
- Access to your geo-location or to other data held on social media platforms and other software (for example, access to your contacts, calendar, or photos);
- Additional information as otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent.
1.2. Information We May Automatically Collect About You.Our Website may automatically collect certain Information about you. We use this Information to help us design our Website to better suit our users’ needs. This Information may include:
- IP address, which is the number associated with the service through which you access the Internet, like your ISP (Internet service provider);
- Date and time of your visit or use of our Website;
- Domain server from which you are using our Website;
- Type of computer, web browsers, search engine used, operating system, or platform you use;
- Data identifying the web pages you visited prior to and after visiting our Website or use of our Website;
- Your movement and activity within the website, which is aggregated with other information; and
- Mobile device information, including the type of device you use, operating system version, and the device identifier (or “UDID”).
1.3.2. Flash Cookies. We may use local shared objects, also known as Flash cookies, to store your preferences such as volume control or display content based upon what you view on our site to personalize your visit. Third parties, with whom we partner to provide certain features or to display advertising based upon your browsing activity, use Flash cookies to collect and store information. Flash cookies are different from browser cookies because of the amount of, type of, and how data is stored. Cookie management tools provided by your browser will not remove Flash cookies.
1.3.3. Web Beacons. Website pages may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages and for other related statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain content and verifying system and server integrity). We also use these technical methods to analyze the traffic patterns, such as the frequency with which our users visit various parts of the Website. These technical methods may involve the transmission of Information either directly to us or to a third party authorized by us to collect Information on our behalf. Our Website uses retargeting pixels from Google, Facebook, and other ad networks. We also use web beacons in HTML emails that we send to determine whether the recipients have opened those emails and/or clicked on links in those emails.
1.3.4. Analytics. Analytics are tools we use, such as Google Analytics, to help provide us with information about traffic to our website and use of our Website, which Google may share with other services and websites who use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
1.3.5. Mobile Application Technologies. If you access our Website through a mobile device, we may automatically collect information about your device, your phone number, and your physical location.
1.4. Information We May Receive from Third Parties. We may collect additional Information about you from third-party websites, social media platforms, such as, but not limited, to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube (“Social Media Platforms”), and/or sources providing publicly-available information (e.g., from the U.S. postal service) to help us provide services to you, help prevent fraud, and for marketing and advertising purposes.
Information we may access about you, with your consent, may include, but is not limited to, your basic Social Media Platform information, your location data, your list of contacts, friends or followers and certain information about your activities on the Social Media Platform. Please keep in mind that when you provide Information to us on a third-party website or platform, the Information you provide may be separately collected by the third-party website or the Social Media Platform.
2. How We Use Your Information
2.1. Use and Purpose of Processing Your Information. We use and process your Information for things that may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- To provide you with the Website, and information regarding our products, promotions, newsletters, contests, sweepstakes, and information you request;
- To respond to your inquiries and provide you with requested information and other communications, including by email, and including alerts, notification of promotions, contests, and events;
- For general or targeted marketing and advertising purposes, including sending you promotional material or special offers on our behalf or on behalf of our marketing partners and/or their respective affiliates and subsidiaries and other third parties, provided that you have not already opted-out of receiving such communications;
- To fulfill contracts we have with you;
- To manage, improve and foster relationships with third-party service providers, including vendors, suppliers, and parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and business partners;
- To maintain, improve, customize, or administer the Website and our products, perform business analyses, or other internal purposes to improve the quality of our business, the Website, resolve technical problems with our products, or improve security or develop other products and services;
- To comply with our Terms & Conditions;
- To perform analytics for business purposes and business intelligence;
- To comply with any applicable laws and regulations and respond to lawful requests; and/or
- For any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect your Information and/or pursuant to your consent.
2.2.1. Third-Party Service Providers. We may share your Information with third-party service providers that perform certain functions or services on our behalf (such as to host the Website, manage databases, perform analyses, provide customer service, or send communications for us). These third-party service providers are authorized to use your Information only as necessary to provide these services to us. In some instances, we may aggregate Information we collect so third parties do not have access to your particular Information to identify you individually.
2.2.2. Third-Party Partners for Marketing or Analytics Purposes. We may share your Information with partners whose offerings we think may interest you provided you have not opted out of received such sharing.
2.2.3. Disclosure of Information for Legal and Administrative Reasons. We may disclose your Information without notice: (i) when required by law or to comply with a court order, subpoena, search warrant, or other legal process; (ii) to cooperate or undertake an internal or external investigation or audit; (iii) to comply with legal, regulatory or administrative requirements of governmental authorities (including, without limitation, requests from the governmental agency authorities to view your Information); (iv) to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of us, our subsidiaries and affiliates and any of their officers, directors, employees, attorneys, agents, contractors and partners, and the users of the Website; (v) to enforce or apply our Terms & Conditions; and (vi) to verify the identity of the user of our Website.
2.2.4. Business Transfers. Your Information may be transferred, sold or otherwise conveyed (“Conveyed”) to a third party where we: (i) merge with or are acquired by another business entity; (ii) sell all or substantially all of our assets; (iii) are adjudicated bankrupt; or (iv) are liquidated or otherwise reorganize. You agree to any and all such Conveyances of your Information.
2.2.5. Online Communications (Chatrooms, Forums, Contests, Message Boards). If you correspond with us by email, questionnaires, surveys, social media, or other digital online platform, we may retain such correspondence and the Information contained in it and use it to respond to your inquiry.
4. Information Security. We use commercially reasonable measures to provide our Website. However, you should assume that no data transmitted over the Internet or stored or maintained by us or our third-party service providers can be 100% secure. Therefore, although we believe the measures implemented by us reduce the likelihood of security problems to a level appropriate to the type of data involved, we do not promise or guarantee, and you should not expect, that your Information or private communications will always remain private or secure. We do not guarantee that your Information will not be misused by third parties. We are not responsible for the circumvention of any privacy settings or security features. You agree that we will not have any liability for misuse, access, acquisition, deletion, or disclosure of your Information. If you believe that your Information has been accessed or acquired by an unauthorized person, you shall promptly How to Contact Us so that necessary measures can quickly be taken.
5. Data Retention. We will retain your Information for as long as needed to provide you services. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your Information to provide you services, please contact us at PRIVACY@INTUITIVESHIPPING.COM. We will retain and use your Information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. In accordance with our routine record keeping, we may delete certain records that contain Information you have submitted to us. We are under no obligation to store such Information indefinitely and disclaim any liability arising out of, or related to, the destruction of such Information.
6. How We Will Contact You. You agree that we, our affiliates, and/or third-party service providers with whom we collaborate and contract may communicate with you regarding our Website via electronic messages, including email, to, for example, send you information relating to our products and Website that we think may be of interest to you, communicate with you about contests, sweepstakes, offers, promotions, rewards, upcoming events, and other news about products and services provided by or through us through permissible targeted advertisements offered by us, our parent companies, our subsidiaries, our affiliates, and other business partners. See Your Choices, below, for how you can update the way we contact you.
7. Your Choices
7.1 By using our Website, you agree that we may contact you by email as set forth herein. If you do not want to receive marketing and promotional emails from us, you may click on the “unsubscribe” link in the email to unsubscribe and opt-out of marketing email communications or How to Contact Us.
7.2. Opting Out of Direct Marketing. To exercise choices regarding the marketing information you receive, you may also review the following links:
- You may opt-out of tracking and receiving tailored advertisements on your mobile device by some mobile advertising companies and other similar entities by downloading the App Choices app at aboutads.info/appchoices.
- You may opt-out of receiving permissible targeted advertisements by using the NAI OPT-OUT TOOL available at HTTP://OPTOUT.NETWORKADVERTISING.ORG/?C=1 or visiting About Ads at http://optout.aboutads.info.
- You can opt-out of having your activity on our Website made available to Google Analytics by installing the Google Analytics opt-out add-on for your web browser by visiting: HTTPS://TOOLS.GOOGLE.COM/DLPAGE/GAOPTOUT for your web browser.
8. Accessing, Correcting, or Deleting Your Information. Upon request as set forth below and subject to certain exceptions and limitations and applicable laws, we will inform you of the existence, use and disclosure of your Information and will provide you access to that Information. To the extent other state or international laws provide users with additional data subject rights, those rights may be honored by Intuitive Shipping following proper authentication and verification. We encourage you to review, update, and correct Information that we maintain about you, and you may request that we delete Information about you that is inaccurate, incomplete, or irrelevant. We may not accommodate a request to change Information if we believe the change would violate applicable law in our control. To access, correct, or delete your Information, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or write us at:
Intuitive Shipping Inc.
PO Box 30032 Ridley Square
St. Catharines, ON L2S 4A1
9. Children’s Information. The Website is intended only for users over the age of eighteen (18). If we become aware that a user is under thirteen (13) (or a higher age threshold where applicable) and has provided us with Information, we will take steps to comply with any applicable legal requirement to remove such Information. Contact us if you believe that we have mistakenly or unintentionally collected Information from a child under the age of thirteen (13).
10. Aggregate and De-identified Information. We may aggregate and/or de-identify any information collected through the Website so that such information can no longer be linked to you or your device (“Aggregate/De-Identified Information”). We may use Aggregate/De-Identified Information for any purpose, including without limitation for research and marketing purposes, and may also share such data with any third parties, including advertisers, promotional partners, and sponsors, in our discretion.
11. Contact. If you have any questions about this Agreement or the Information we have collected about you, please send us an email at email@example.com, or write us at:
Intuitive Shipping Inc.
261 Martindale Road, Unit 9
St. Catharines, ON L2W 1A2
- What information we collect and why we collect it
- How we use this information
- How long this information is stored for
All parties whose personal information we collect
When you install the App, we are automatically able to access certain types of information from your Shopify account:
Additionally, we collect the following types of personal information from you and/or your customers once you have installed the App: Information about you and others who may access the App on behalf of your store, such as your name, address, email address, and phone number.
We collect personal information directly from the relevant individual, through your Shopify account or using the following technologies: “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit HTTP://WWW.ALLABOUTCOOKIES.ORG. “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps. “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
We use the personal information we collect from you and your customers in order to provide the Service and to operate the App. Additionally, we use this personal information to: Communicate with you; Optimize or improve the App; and Provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
What information do we collect?
- We collect your customer’s name and shipping address.
Why do we collect it?
- We collect this information to retrieve shipping rates from third-party shipping carriers. Additionally, we collect this information for your own reference when fulfilling orders and to simplify troubleshooting.
What do we do with it?
- The Intuitive Shipping team references this customer information when troubleshooting the app. We do not sell this information or contact your customers. Additionally, if you are calculating your shipping based on live rates, the customer address will be passed to the third-party shipping carriers you use in your store to calculate live rates at checkout. We are not to be held liable for what third-party shipping carriers do with this information.
How long do we store it?
- When a customer calculates a shipping rate in your store, we will maintain their name and shipping address for 60 days from the time of the shipping request.
Sharing Your Personal Information
- We may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
- If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.